Open the Pen/Rubber Settings in Desktop Mode is difficult

English speaking general discussion, ideas and suggestions, news, open source development
mtl

Open the Pen/Rubber Settings in Desktop Mode is difficult

Message par mtl » 02 mai 2018, 16:55

Hi Team,

I'm using OpenBoard under a 86inch Whiteboard an have some difficulties to open the Settings menue of Pen, Rubber or Highlighter in Touch Mode. Even with this big touch screen the active area arround the arrow is too small. Mostly I need 4 to 5 attempts with my finger to open the settings. Increasing the active area would help a lot.

Regards
Settings in OpenBoard Menue Bar.JPG
Settings in OpenBoard Menue Bar.JPG (39.71 Kio) Consulté 1263 fois

cristaldis

Re: Open the Pen/Rubber Settings in Desktop Mode is difficult

Message par cristaldis » 07 mai 2018, 17:48

Hello,

We are aware of the problem. For us it is currently a matter of financial means, it will be improved as soon as we can.

However, you can make a long click on the item whose menu you want to appear. This is the same as clicking on the small arrow.

Regards,
Salvatore Cristaldi
openboard.ch

mtl

Message par mtl » 16 mai 2018, 20:18

I'm working with a 84inch interactive Whiteboard and a long click opens the mouse-right-button-menue. Even if I turn off this function the pen menue doesn't appear. The long click works only with the standard mouse but not with touch screen.

LemDavis

Message par LemDavis » 19 oct. 2018, 21:09

Perhaps you could make the settings menu also appear when a right click occurs. This would seem to solve the problem for touchscreen users, at least on Windows.

Répondre