resolution problems

English speaking general discussion, ideas and suggestions, news, open source development
JörgMaliers(gwath)

resolution problems

Message par JörgMaliers(gwath) » 15 Jan 2018, 09:23

Hallo everybody in here.
I am a teacher and administrating the IT at a german school.
Since last year we have about 40 whiteboards (Legamaster with Epson Beamer) in use and really want to use openboard with them.
We have installed openboard on every laptop, we use to handle the boards but still have one heavy issue there.

The Laptops have a resolution of 1280x800. The normal projection is good and has no problems. But unsing openboard the input, using for example a digital pen is really stuttering, pixeled and kind of grained. The writing experience is really awful and makes it impossible to use openboard productive. We don't have such problems using for example the legamaster software (which is awful in many other ways instead!). Also using openboard for example with my private Laptop (resolution 1920x1080) produces no problems.

We really want to make openboard our daily driver, so I hope to get some ideas how to handle our problems.
Greetings
Jörg

ramuntcho

Re: resolution problems

Message par ramuntcho » 17 Jan 2018, 17:27

Hi,

We don't have any experience with this kind of hardware, sorry

In OpenBoard 1.4, we have done some work in smoothing and simplification of lines (pen and highlighter) for more fluid writing. Hopefully it will help in your case.

This version will be available in February.

JörgMaliers(gwath)

Re: resolution problems

Message par JörgMaliers(gwath) » 24 Jan 2018, 11:58

Thank you for your response. So I hope this update will help.

Répondre