Does annotating the desktop work reliably for anyone?

English speaking general discussion, ideas and suggestions, news, open source development
kevinz

Does annotating the desktop work reliably for anyone?

Message par kevinz » 22 Sep 2020, 18:06

Hello, new user here. This problem may be caused by my misunderstanding or lack of understanding of OpenBoard. If so, please forgive me and point me to anything that would help me solve my problem.

I'm trying to prepare for a video-conference where I demonstrate a software package. I'd like to run the package and display its results, then use OpenBoard to write or annotate over the package's display. I think this should be possible, based on the 'Show Desktop' function.

When I try to do this, even without the package's display, just looking at my window manager's desktop, I get very unreliable results. There seems to be a one or two second lag in pushing buttons on the OpenBoard toolbar, to switch, for instance, between pencil and eraser. When the pencil is chosen, the pencil line only shows up in oddly shaped rectangular areas of the screen. For instance, I randomly scribbled back and forth, and the outline of a many-sided polygon was clearly visible where the pencil line started and stopped. Also, the cursor cross-hairs disappear when the left button (pen tip on my tablet) is pressed.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm using Ubuntu 18.04.5, with OpenBoard 1.5.3 with a Huion New 1060PLUS tablet and pen. Is there any other information I can give to help troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks for all your help and advice. I look forward to hearing from someone.

-Kevin

kevinz

Re: Does annotating the desktop work reliably for anyone?

Message par kevinz » 25 Sep 2020, 17:16

Also tried with version 1.5.4, installed on Ubuntu 18.04 by following the directions at https://gitmemory.com/issue/OpenBoard-o ... /615432314 (without any problems). No improvement in annotating programs or the desktop.

-Kevin

Répondre