Run Open Board in separate window (Windows10) possible?

English speaking general discussion, ideas and suggestions, news, open source development
Stef Pillaert

Run Open Board in separate window (Windows10) possible?

Message par Stef Pillaert » 15 oct. 2017, 15:47

Hello,
when I try Open Board, it seems always to fill my screen completely. I know I can go to "desktop mode", but is it possible to run Open Board in normal mode in a window that I can resize? So I can use it "next" to ather applications, "side-by-side"?
Thanks,
Stef

ramuntcho

Re: Run Open Board in separate window (Windows10) possible?

Message par ramuntcho » 22 oct. 2017, 11:00

Hi,

No, it can't be run in a "normal mode" how you say, OpenBoard always fills the screen.
Christian Oïhénart
openboard.ch

Stef Pillaert

Message par Stef Pillaert » 22 oct. 2017, 11:06

hmm.... that 's really a pitty: this is possible in most other whiteboard software... (E.g. This is a reason why easychalk.eu is so easy and flexible to use together with other software...)
Wouldn't there be some workaround? Like "virtualising" Open Board in a separate screen or something like that?
Stef

ramuntcho

Message par ramuntcho » 22 oct. 2017, 11:44

Hi,

That's how Open Sankore worked, and OpenBoard is a fork of Open Sankore. Sorry
Christian Oïhénart
openboard.ch

laurentb

Message par laurentb » 25 nov. 2017, 12:45

Hi all,

+1 for Openboard in a separate windows even on GNU/Linux release.

Is it a technical problem ?

I understand that Openboard is a fork from Sankoré which hasn't got this feature but do we have to understand that the Openboard developpement team can't code that ?

Cheers,

Laurent Bellegarde
Biology and Geology European Class teacher
Andernos Highschool, France

ramuntcho

Message par ramuntcho » 05 déc. 2017, 15:44

do we have to understand that the Openboard developpement team can't code that
That's not a question of ability, but a question of what we want for OpenBoard. Using OpenBoard in a separate windows will certainly provide additional functionalities for advanced users, but will be a source of complication for the majority of teachers. OpenBoard must remain user-friendly and easy-to-use software
Christian Oïhénart
openboard.ch

Stef Pillaert

Message par Stef Pillaert » 05 déc. 2017, 15:58

hmm.... This is quite an underestimation of the skills of most teachers, I think... :D
If a teacher knows how to handle the switching between the OpenBoard and the desktop of his laptop, then a separate window would make things easier instead of more complicated....
Sidenote, but actually one of the reasons why a "separate window" would be great: switching to the desktop very often puts me into trouble, definitely when some other software is trying to take over the full display. This happens sometimes with screencapturing software (Camtasia), or software that comes with stylusses, or Powerpoint when expanding the desktop, or other software that has a "full screen" ability in some way ....

Répondre