Support - ( ENGLISH )

English speaking general discussion, ideas and suggestions, news, open source development
samuel.duggan

Support - ( ENGLISH )

Message par samuel.duggan » 04 févr. 2017, 08:44

Hello,

I am having issues with the program (Windows (7)) and I am finding it hard to find support from any sources. I would love to be able to continue using the program rather than resorting to ActivInpsire, but my issue is a bit of a deal-breaker for me.

Everytime I import a video on Openboard, the program crashes.
- I can import the video (mp4 files, very small file). However, when I navigate to the document tab it crashes.
Every. Single. Time.

Is there anyone that can give me some guidance?

Craig

Re: Support - ( ENGLISH )

Message par Craig » 04 févr. 2017, 19:55

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Crashes with video happen occasionally but I usually can't manage to reproduce the problem consistently, which makes fixing it difficult.
Maybe details about your issue could help narrow it down.

First of all, what version are you using? (See the preferences window).
Next, how are you importing your video? Is it a video that you're adding to your document from the library (right-hand pane in OpenBoard)?

What would help a lot would be to test it on my end with one of the videos you're using. Any chance you could upload one of these here?

do-cent

Message par do-cent » 23 mars 2017, 10:48

Dear OpenBoard Team,
I really appreciate your great work and developing the OpenBoard software.
I work with it in the rooms with two separate projectors - and 3 extended desktops on WIndows 7.
It is great that the active screen is there on the one projector and the second is black at the beginning.
Than it works like a carousel sliding screens from one projector the the other, but only one is active.
I have a problem that I do not know how to control which projector will be active from the beginning - the first one.
Would be great to have any control to exchange the roles - to choose which one is the active from the two.
There is no option in menu or any hot-key to do that. I do not even know the rule the program uses to choose the active one from the beginning.
It seems not to be connected with the desktop numbers of Windows.
Regards,
Marcin

Craig

Message par Craig » 23 mars 2017, 14:45

Hi,
Thanks for the kind words, and it's good to hear that feature works fine.
The only option for display order is the "Swap control display and view display" option in the Preferences menu. This just swaps displays 0 and 1, i.e the primary and secondary. There is unfortunately no option at the moment for choosing the order of the following screens.

I'm actually not quite sure what determines the order of the screens. This is handled by Qt, which I thought followed the Windows screen numbers, but I can't find clear information on that. So if that's not the case on your end, I'm afraid there's no OpenBoard setting that can solve that.
A workaround would potentially be to physically switch the cables of the two projectors, which should change their order according to Windows.
It's not a proper solution by any means, but that's all I can think of right now.

Hope that helps.

do-cent

Message par do-cent » 24 mars 2017, 23:48

Hi,
thank you for your answer. The use of more than two desktops is a new functionality in the OpenBoard. It is not working in the Open Sankore. The way to choose the active montor at the beginning by Qt is not the point for me. I would be very happy to have a method to change the order od displays after by an option and/or a hot-key. I know that is there no one in version 1.3.5 and I hope that you could think about some improvements. I am not sure, but it might be easy to exchange the handlers of initilized and working desktops just to change the roles of tham, I mean the order of displaying the presentation to audience.
Could you be so kind as to forward my idea to the development team of programmers, please.
Best regards,
Marcin

do-cent

Message par do-cent » 11 janv. 2018, 13:22

Dear OpenBoard Team,
Every object created on the whiteboard surface (Ob 1.3.6 on Win7), a text or a picture can be hidden from the viewer display by closing eye symbol.
It works only in multidisplay environment. After hidding the object and changing he presentation for another one,
and than returning to the first, the effect of hidding stays.
Unfortunatelly, after closing the Openboard and starting it again, and after loading the presentation, all object become visible again - with opened eye symbol.
It was working with Open Sankore as far as I can remember, but now it is not.
Could you as kind as correct the behavior of saving permanenty the hidden state of objects ?
Regards,
Marcin

ramuntcho

Message par ramuntcho » 12 janv. 2018, 16:38

Hi,

OpenBoard 1.4.0 should fix it. It will normally be available in few weeks.

Répondre