Feature Requests

English speaking general discussion, ideas and suggestions, news, open source development
TheDrummer

Feature Requests

Message par TheDrummer » 22 juin 2018, 14:02

Hello,

I started using Open Board last autumn. After the first year I am missing two things:
  • You can[ change the background of your sheets and customize them. However it would be fine whether I can use a squared background on my Laptop which is not visible on the presentation screen.
  • The second would be showing the actual time on the OpenBoard intefrace, which would help me during my lectures. I think the top tool bar has some space left over.
Beside this I like your software.

Thank you

Michael

ramuntcho

Re: Feature Requests

Message par ramuntcho » 23 juin 2018, 17:40

Hi,

Some answers...

1° We have done a lot of work with background (possibility to change the grid, to have lines), so this feature will not be implemented for now, sorry !

2°The time is present on the left bottom of the screen
Time.png
Time.png (3.26 Kio) Consulté 1395 fois
and you can also use the widget Horloge

Best regards

TheDrummer

Message par TheDrummer » 26 juin 2018, 10:27

Thank you for your reply. I used Open Board during the last year for all my lectures instead of a blackboard and made general good experiences. So my feature requests are a result of the last years application.

Regarding different background for the presentation screen would be fine, maybe you can take it into consideration for future development.

The time at the bottom is only visible if you open the page preview on the left side, which I usually do not during my lectures. But yes for looking at the time I have to open it - permanent would be better. Horloge is no option, as it also shows the time for the students and needs space.

Just another feature: Freezing the presentation screen could help in some situations, most of all, if you prepare a new page etc. and do not want that students get distracted.

Kind regards

Michael

ramuntcho

Message par ramuntcho » 24 juil. 2018, 17:57

TheDrummer a écrit :
26 juin 2018, 10:27
Just another feature: Freezing the presentation screen could help in some situations, most of all, if you prepare a new page etc. and do not want that students get distracted.
Hello,

2 ways to do it :

- by using OpenBoard with 2 different screens, one for the teacher, and the second for student. This one will be with no interface, only the annotations, pdf.... So you can do what you want on the teacher screen, the students don't see it. You have to use 2 different video outputs from your computer.

- if you use a projector, it has often a key to freeze the screen.

Répondre