Additional tools for

English speaking general discussion, ideas and suggestions, news, open source development
keveen

Additional tools for

Message par keveen » 19 Mars 2021, 13:29

Good morning all,
my name is Keveen and I'm a G7-G12 teacher from Mauritius. I teach a subject called Design & Communication (7048) as per Cambridge Syllabus. After doing some researches on interactive smart board software, I came across OpenBoard and I must say that it is totally awesome and I'm planning to share it to all the teachers my small country.

However, if its possible I would like to tweak it a little bit to tailor the software for my students. Below are two recommendations:

1. I totally love the idea of the grids. It would be great if you could also put ISOMETRIC GRIDS as well because we have it in our syllabus.
2. We use both 45 degree set square and 60 degree set square at the same time when drawing. It would be great if we could have both set squares in the software.

I have attached two files below. Please have a look.

Thank you and stay safe
Keveen
Pièces jointes
isometric grid.jpg
isometric grid.jpg (234.36 Kio) Consulté 1507 fois
45 & 60.jpg
45 & 60.jpg (9.52 Kio) Consulté 1507 fois
Hello I'm a teacher from Mauritius. I teach Design & Technology and Design & Communications as per Cambridge Syllabus :D

SeifertRobert

Re: Additional tools for

Message par SeifertRobert » 25 Mars 2021, 10:53

Hallo back,
I am not a developer, though I had similar needs.
As OpenBoard natively supports SVG images, it is possible to draw what you need in Inkscape (free vector drawing software) and then use images in your slides (either in background - the grid) or in foreground.

When I need to teach math, I use my own triangles this way together with Protractor tool.

Here I support link to my triangle as example:
http://seifrob.sweb.cz/misc/trrojuhelni ... u-OPNB.svg

rs

MrsCrowder

Re: Additional tools for

Message par MrsCrowder » 22 Avr 2021, 19:05

I would also love to see additional tools for math:

1. Positive/Negative integer number line
2. thermometer (fahrenheit, celcius, kelvin would all be handy)
3. upgraded calculator - I need to show my students how to use +/- on a calculator, and the basic calculator included in the app does not have this function.

Répondre